Hello all! Whilst scouring the bowels of the internet, i came across this lovely poem on friendship.
- TRUE FRIENDSHIP
- ‘Tis hard to find in life
- A friend, a bow, a wife,
- Strong, supple to endure
- In stock and sinew pure,
- In time of danger sure.
- False friends are common. Yes, but where
- True nature links a friendly pair,
- The blessing is as rich as rare.
- To bitter ends
- You trust true friends,
- Not wife nor mother,
- Not son nor brother.
- No long experience alloys
- True friendship’s sweet and supple joys;
- No evil men can steal the treasure;
- ‘Tis death, death only, sets a measure.
(from Panchatantra, a book of Indian tales)